Patient Resources Home » Preparing for a Well Exam
Preparing for a Well Exam
- Please review the developmental milestones we will be discussing at this visit.
- Please review vaccine information for school entry vaccines, including boosters on IPV, Varicella, DtaP, and MMR. Wisconsin Department of Health Services has all the information on their website. If you need a printout of your child’s vaccines, ask the front desk when you check in, and you can pick it up before you leave. We review immunizations at each well visit, as we strongly support compliance with AAP recommendations.
- Please bring in a sample of your child's first morning urine. Please bring this sample in a clean, enclosed, disposable container. If your appointment is later in the day, you may drop the sample by the office in the morning, or keep the sample in a refrigerator throughout the day and bring along to the appointment.
- If your child meets one or more of the criteria below, he or she will need to come in fasting for a Fasting Lipid Panel.
Family history (parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, siblings) with hypercholesterolemia, high blood pressure, or heart disease.
Unknown family history due to adoption or other factors
Body mass index (BMI) is greater than 85% (BMI calculator for children and teens)
- Lake Country Pediatrics, S.C. will be able to run a fast, accurate Fasting Lipid Panel in the office. The results will be available before the end of your child's appointment. Please bring a healthy breakfast snack to eat after the nurse lets you know the test was successful. If you have an afternoon appointment, please arrange with the front desk to have a Fasting Lipid Panel done on a day prior to the well exam.
- Check out Positive Parenting Tips